Cost: $24.00Take This Course
Module 1 Outline
- Burden of musculoskeletal disorders- cost
- Lower back pain and outcomes of various interventions
- Evidence, prognosis, and communication of clinical conditions
- Biopsychosocial model of pain
- Placebo and Nocebo
Module 2 Outline
- Understanding the patient as a person, not just the disease/condition
- Patient expectations
- Discussing patient’s ideas about illness/condition
- Nonverbal communication of patient and doctor
Module 3 Outline
- Discussion of the “Common Sense Model” (CSM)
- Discussion of the “Fear Avoidance Model”- & could it lead to a vicious cycle of pain?
- Clinical case examples and CSM
Module 4 Outline
- Physician influence on patient outcomes
- Physician beliefs in light of new evidence
- Research study discussion- physician communication and patient compliance
Module 5 Outline
- Does imaging impact low back pain outcomes?
- Asymptomatic individuals and imaging
- MRI- does it impact pt outcomes?
- Conclusions about patient treatment and outcomes
Kevin Percuoco, D.C., Cert. MDT
- Each module contains a video presentation and a short quiz. You must view the video prior to taking the quiz.
- FOR HELP: If you have technical issues, please contact the Continuing Education Department at 1-800-452-5032 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DISCLAIMER: While Palmer College of Chiropractic endeavors to bring diverse topics and viewpoints for continuing education options for Doctors of Chiropractic, the opinions of presenters do not necessarily represent the views of Palmer College.
- ATTRIBUTION: This presentation contains