- Background, mission, and goals
- Role of medical examiner
- Medical examiner guidelines
- Responsibilities and work environment of commercial motor vehicle operations
- Identification and medical history of the driver
- Vision history and examination
- Hearing history and examination
- Blood pressure and hypertension
- Cardiovascular history and examination
- Respiratory history and examination
- Neurological history and examination
- Musculoskeletal history and examination
- Non-insulin dependent
- Insulin dependent
- Severe hypoglycemic reaction
- Psychological disorders
- Drug abuse
- Medical examiner report form
Jason Nick Belcher, D.C.
This ME training course conforms to FMCSA’s training curriculum modules and topics on regulations and guidelines for conducting CMV driver medical examinations. FMCSA regulations and guidelines are reviewed regularly, and the training is updated as required. This course was last updated on February 26, 2021.
Each module contains a video presentation and a short quiz. You must view the video to completion prior to taking the quiz.
Notes and Practice test can be found under "Practice Test."