Cost: $24.00Take This Course
In this one-hour course, Dr. Olson will discuss common mechanisms of concussions and outline how they can be predictable and preventable. He will explain levels of concussion prevention, risk factors, prevention strategies, and protocols.
Module 1 Outline
- The Gist of Prevention
- Concussion prevention process
- Common mechanisms of concussion
- Concussions are predictable and preventable
Module 2 Outline
- Understanding Prevention
- Prevention is key
- Understand the levels of concussion prevention
- Understand risk factors
- Evaluate targeted prevention strategies
Module 3 Outline
- Targets for Concussion Prevention
- Rule changes
- Training strategies
Module 4 Outline
- Concussion Prevention Protocol
- Concussion education- who needs to know?
- Education and awareness campaigns
- Return to play protocols
- Parental choice in league choice for child’s athletics
Mike Olson, D.C.
Each module contains a video presentation and a short quiz. You must view the video prior to taking the quiz.
FOR HELP: If you have technical issues, please contact the Continuing Education Department at 1-800-452-5032 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DISCLAIMER: While Palmer College of Chiropractic endeavors to bring diverse topics and viewpoints for continuing education options for Doctors of Chiropractic, the opinions of presenters do not necessarily represent the views of Palmer College.
ATTRIBUTION: This presentation contains royalty free music from https://www.purple-planet.com/using-our-free-music