Cost: $24.00Take This Course
Celiac disease is one of the most encountered autoimmune disorders triggered by eating gluten-containing foods. Learn what foods contain gluten, how gluten may trigger an autoimmune reaction, and how to recognize and manage Celiac disease.
Module 1 Outline
- Appreciate the prevalence of and genetic predisposition to Celiac Disease.
- Describe the characteristics of gluten
- Recognize which foods contain gluten
Module 2 Outline
- Recognize Celiac Disease as an autoimmune disorder triggered by gluten proteins
- State the primary region of the body affected by Celiac disease
- Describe extra-intestinal effects of Celiac disease
Module 3 Outline
- Describe findings associated with Celiac patients
- Define how to properly confirm the diagnosis of Celiac disease
- Explain the appropriate management of Celiac patients
Dan Weinert, D.C., Ph.D.
•Each module contains a video presentation and a short quiz. You must view the video prior to taking the quiz.
•FOR HELP: If you have technical issues, please contact the Continuing Education Department at 1-800-452-5032 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
•DISCLAIMER: While Palmer College of Chiropractic endeavors to bring diverse topics and viewpoints for continuing education options for Doctors of Chiropractic, the opinions of presenters do not necessarily represent the views of Palmer College.