Cost: $48.00Take This Course
Dr. Scott Munsterman teaches this two-hour course on coding and documentation for a chiropractic practice. Dr. Munsterman will talk about recent updates and explain proper documentation. He will also use case studies to help the chiropractor better understand documentation guidelines.
Module 1 Outline
- Initial Visit Note Structure
- Standard of Care
- Defining an Episode of Care
- Active Treatment vs. Maintenance Therapy
Module 2 Outline
- Review of Systems
- Past Family Medical Social History
- Initial Visit Medicare Requirement
- Medicare Requirement to Demonstrate a Subluxation Exists
Module 3 Outline
- Treatment Plans Consist Of
- Treatment Plan Triangulation
- Specific Measurable Goals
- What level of improvement do you expect?
Module 4 Outline
- Progress Evaluations: Goal Categories
- Quantifiable and Measurable
- Barriers to care
Module 5 Outline
- Subsequent Visit Note Structure
- Documentation Requirements
- Documentation Alerts
Module 6 Outline
- Documentation Alerts: Amending Notes
- Tracking Changes
Module 7 Outline
- Documentation Alerts: Discount/Free Services
- False Claims Act
- Stark Law
- Physician Self-Referral Law
- The Anti-Kickback Statute
Module 8 Outline
- Documentation Alerts: Non-Compliant CMT Coding
- CMT Codes
- Documentation Alerts: Non-Compliant Coding of 97140
- Time-based Codes
Module 9 Outline
- Informed consent
- What is valid informed consent?
- How often is informed consent required?
- Does your state have informed consent laws?
Module 10 Outline
- Informed Consent: The Process
- How often to review documents?
- When to present informed consent
- What triggers a new informed consent?
- Informed consent refusal process
Scott Munsterman, D.C.
Each module contains a video presentation and a short quiz. You must view the video prior to taking the quiz.
FOR HELP: If you have technical issues, please contact the Continuing Education Department at 1-800-452-5032 or email at email@example.com.
DISCLAIMER: While Palmer College of Chiropractic endeavors to bring diverse topics and viewpoints for continuing education options for Doctors of Chiropractic, the opinions of presenters do not necessarily represent the views of Palmer College.
ATTRIBUTION: This presentation contains royalty free music from https://www.purple-planet.com/using-our-free-music