Cost: $48.00Take This Course
Module 1 Outline
- The way invading pathogens, injury, and stress are sensed by the body and signaled to the CNS
- The different ways the brain responds to an immune challenge
Module 2 Outline
- The neuro-humeral-immune pathway of the hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal axis
- The autonomic nervous system
- The ways stress impacts the brain, including its effect on prefrontal cortex and its effects on the cholinergic anti-inflammatory system.
- The way stress impacts the immune system.
- The importance of accurately perceiving what is happening in the body
Module 4 Outline
- A summary of the neuro-humeral-immune interactions
- Key take home messages for patients
Module 5 Outline
- Chiropractic and the nervous system summary
- Research regarding chiropractic care and the prefrontal cortex
- Differences between basic science studies and clinical trials
Module 6 Outline
- Research articles regarding the effects of chiropractic care on immune function
- Chiropractic care and cytokines
- Types of research regarding chiropractic care and immune function
Module 7 Outline
- Research regarding chiropractic care and its effect on immune function.
- Chiropractic and autonomic nervous system function
Module 8 Outline
- Current literature relating to chiropractic care and immune function.
- What you can claim
- What you cannot claim
Learning Outcomes and Assessment:
- A summary the information from this class.
- Take home messages to patients and other health care providers based on this review.
- Examples of how to communicate this material with the public and where to get more information.
Heidi Haavik, B.Sc., Ph.D.
- Each module contains a video presentation and a short quiz. You must view the video prior to taking the quiz.
- FOR HELP: If you have technical issues, please contact the Continuing Education Department at 1-800-452-5032 or email at email@example.com.
- DISCLAIMER: While Palmer College of Chiropractic endeavors to bring diverse topics and viewpoints for continuing education options for Doctors of Chiropractic, the opinions of presenters do not necessarily represent the views of Palmer College.
- Attribution: This course contains royalty free music from Royalty Free Music from Bensound