- Gut microbiome defined
- 2000 distinct species of bacteria
- 100 trillion bacteria
- Genome 150 times greater than the human host
- GI tract is the most densely colonized organ
- How does the instestine help maintain overall health?
- What happens when there is a breach?
- What are pattern recognition receptors?
- How does the body recognize bacteria in the wrong place?
- Physical barrier
- Chemical barrier
- Short chain fatty acids
- What is the ideal composition of gut microorganisms?
- What at the colon's two dominant phyla?
- Diet and lifestyle change composition
- Edible products
- How do these impact the gut?
- Intermittent Fasting
Dan Weinert, D.C., Ph.D.