Cost: $24.00Take This Course
The presenter for this course is Amy Ashmore, Ph.D.
In this 1-hour class, Dr. Ashmore breaks down the research regarding high volume training.
After taking this class the learner will be able to:
1. Recognize the difference between current and historical high-volume resistance training paradigms.
2. dentify the effects of high-volume resistance training on muscle hypertrophy.
3.Identify the effects of high-volume resistance training on strength development.
4.Build effective resistance training sessions and long-term programs utilizing current research on high-volume training.
Module 1 Outline
- Defining High-Volume Resistance Training
- What are the issues with volume training?
- Recognition of Risks
- Symptoms of Overtraining
Module 2 Outline
- Research regarding High Volume Training
- German Volume Training
- Modified German Volume Training
- Higher volume resistance training over time and effects for lower body musculature
Module 3 Outline
- Programming- what does this look like in a gym?
- Research for safe and effective training programs
- Increasing strength
- Increasing hypertrophy
- Neural Factors
Module 4 Outline
- Sample Workouts
- For strength
- For hypertrophy
- Programming best practices
Amy Ashmore, Ph.D.
Each module contains a video presentation and a short quiz. You must view the video prior to taking the quiz.
FOR HELP: If you have technical issues, please contact the Continuing Education Department at 1-800-452-5032 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DISCLAIMER: While Palmer College of Chiropractic endeavors to bring diverse topics and viewpoints for continuing education options for Doctors of Chiropractic, the opinions of presenters do not necessarily represent the views of Palmer College.